Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Local Happenings

Good Day Friends, I come to you over a bowl of vanilla ice cream with 2 mini snickers bars crushed atop. Three children are taking delicious naps after a morning at my sisters pool. Paisley's first time in the water and she LOVED it. Sun kissed kiddos sleeping in cooled off rooms. SUMMERTIME!!


This is a quick post to share with you some exciting local events:



  • Lancaster Libraries has started their yearly reading program. You can pick up a form at your local library. The "prize" this year for reading 30 books to your child 5 and younger is:

*coupon to McDonald's.
*one free admission to ride the train at the Strasburg Railroad.
*one free ticket to a Lancaster Barnstormers game.

I like this program because there are 30 little pictures on a piece of paper. After you read a book your child can color one picture. Once all 30 are colored in, you can redeem your prizes. It's fun for the kids to watch them get closer to their prizes. You'll have to write the name of the book on the opposite side. Hey, if you're gonna read you may as well have some incentive and FREE STUFF is nice!


  • Strasburg has a CIRCUS coming to town....TOMORROW NIGHT, Thursday, June 3rd from 4:30-7:30 at the Jaycee Park along Miller Street. Here's the link to read more about the circus. Looks like lots of animals and cool things for the kids. From the research I've done online, tickets are under $10.


  • THE DONUT MAN is coming to Dutch Wonderland this Saturday. I'M 5 YEARS OLD ALL OVER AGAIN & I'M SO EXCITED! His *tape* was my favorite when I was little, (for those of you that don't even know what that is, just go to the bottom of my blog and you'll see a picture of what a cassette tape looks like)!! HA! I can vividly remember listening to his tape play in the background while my Mom asked me if I ate the candy I wasn't suppose to eat. I lied and said that I hadn't eaten it, all the while there was chocolate all over my lips and chin! I can hear the words now, "it might be okay for awhile, but then the truth will wipe away your smile!!" My smile was wiped away by a wooden stick on my butt!
  • Starting June 12th-October 16th Strasburg is starting an OUTDOOR FARMER'S MARKET!
    In the lawn in front of the library, 145 Precision Avenue.
    Local growers and farmers will be bringing their produce and goods!!
YUM-O! I'll be riding my bike over there and filling her basket with fresh delights!
"In summer, the song sings itself."
~William Carlos Williams~

No comments: