Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pinwheels and Lolipops!

During our last outing at the beach we had a fun little photoshoot, (which as you know we rarely do)! haha!  It came together quickly! At the last minute I found out my friend Adrienne, (and her amazing camera/picture taking abilities) were going to be down in Ocean City the same time we were. She kindly said yes to taking a few pictures of us on the beach. THANK YOU ADRIENNE!!  My mind went right into "creative mode" and I thought of what I'd like to see.  
 I called my new friend Candace over at Paper Polaroid, to see if I could purchase a few of her DARLING PINWHEELS.  It was 9:30pm, the night before we were leaving for the beach.  In less then thirty minutes I was on my way home with a BOX FULL of bright, colorful pinwheels!!  You simply MUST visit her darling etsy shop
THANK YOU CANDACE!  They were the perfect pop of color and so fun for the kiddos!!

In the middle of picture taking, suddenly Luke jumped down off the boardwalk into the sand.  His little eye had spotted this and boy was he tickled!  
My sister-in-law let us borrow the vintage bike that was at their beach house.
Lollipops and balloons and we were on our way!!
I didn't have expectations, (which is a good way to keep it fun for everyone).  I mean, I did ask for smiles and to look at the camera, but I knew the props would add a lot.  Even if there were only pictures of the kids interacting that would be fine! 



My niece Ashley! One of my FAVORITE shots of the night!  So cute!! 
Yes, Paisley's shirt says, "I love my bike"!  GAH!  How could I say no to that?  Found it at Target.

My all time favorite of the night!  The sunset was amazing and the lighting was just right.  All I did with this pic was up the contrast just a bit!  Cannot wait to save and get this thing made into a giant canvas!  Jake is so gracious, (what's new?) with all my "ideas."  He's not afraid to try some crazy thing I might come up with, (take for instance holding a bunch of balloons on top of a sand dune)! 
Enter: children.
Take 1:
Take 2:
Take 3:
Just forget it:

Personality Picture, that's what I call this one.  Tyler is off in some dreamland, Luke is thinking/inquiring about something and Paisley is amused! 


I may or may not have been saying "stinky fart", "poop" and other such terms to elicit smiles.  
hey, no shame, (except i guess a little since i'm typing this in small font).  










one last dip.


another day done.


"Great, wide, beautiful, wonderful World,
With the wonderful water round you curled,
And the wonderful grass upon your breast,
World, you are beautifully dressed."
~William Brighty Rands~

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Beeeaauuuuuutiful pictures!! I can't wait to see them hanging up in your house! How fun!! :)

fleurcottage said...

love the pics & the simple, sweet innocence of children!

Terri said...

What a perfectly gorgeous day for beautiful family pictures! Love that you thought ahead and brought the props with you. Enjoyed your stay-cation post, too. Blessed...you are truly blessed. Glad you enjoyed being home!

Angela Stoltzfus said...

love the pinwheels! love the balloons!! & the smile technique..i might have to try that one :)

Jeane` said...

Only you would make your summertime family pictures appear as a big, beautiful bowl of sherbert....in color, in refreshing beauty and in wishing there were more when it was all done! BEAUTIFUL!!! (and I applaud Jake for his generosity in going along with the 'flow'!) ;)

Just a little something from Judy said...

You posess a huge dose of creativity! Beautiful pictures of a lovely family. What fun to visit your blog today and everytime I visit. The color scheme is perfect for the beach.

Gordon said...

These are beautiful Pictures. Looked like a great bit of family-time! Blessings!