Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, June 21, 2012

a timely word

still patiently waiting. 
ok, so maybe not so patiently. 
we tried all the old "wives tales" on monday and tuesday to get this labor started, and thankfully they didn't work!!
the boys both came down with a nasty stomach bug around midnight on tuesday night.  oh, it was na-has-ty!!!
loads of laundry later, (including one set of curtains), one day of nothingness, and just generally taking it easy and we're back in action.  actually, yesterday was a blessing in disguise, the kids slept most of the day or watched movies and barely ate a thing. so i too sat around and relaxed.  it went through here fast and furious and for that i am grateful. 

Here's my new sign that my sweet friend Aimee made for me!  Isn't it beautiful? She is so talented. 
As most of you know I'm a "wordy" girl and LOVE my quotes, however when it came to choosing this piece, I knew short and sweet was what I wanted.  
Something simple and true. 
It's in our living room. 

Today my bones are sore. 
My mind is weary from trying to work up grace and peace that isn't needed right now.  Ironically, I'm striving for peace.  My Mother heart is longing to see the veil lifted between this sweet baby and our world.  a veil of skin.  So little separates us now.  And yet, as my midwife so wisely says, "it's like a orchestra, everything has to fall into place for labor to happen."
I've been exceptionally irritable the last 24 hours.
heat flashes like mad.
sore.
emotional.
increased heart rate.
these things concerned me at first, but today at my appointment the nurse said, "you're just a body that's ready to have a baby."
ya think??

I read this tonight. 
It was a timely word. 

So we're off for one more quick grocery run. 
then an evening dip in my sister's pool.
then a blessed night sleep, (or so we pray).
My deepest desire right now is to be SURROUNDED BY PEACE, 
and that is NOT something that can be conjured up, it is a gift. Something that is surrendered to, hoped for, basked in.  

"You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You and hopes confidently in You.  So trust in the Lord, commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock, the Rock of ages."
Isaiah 26:3-4

5 comments:

Jena said...

glad you posted this! I was just about to text you and check in on you :)
Love you so much!

Aimee said...

Oh Janelle, I thought of you so often today! So sorry I missed you last night but I hope you got a very restful night's sleep. Your backyard and property is just amaaaazing - I had to stand there and stare at it for a little while. And your little Paisley is so precious! She reminded me SO MUCH of you! :) Rest well friend!!

Mindi Bruckhart said...

Looking forward to the Day with you!! I can't wait to hear the news. Blessings to you Janelle, as you wait patiently/ endure to the end! ;)

CountryMidwife said...

Well that is QUITE a lovely song at the top of your Playlist!!!!!!!!!! Love you hunny....

Anonymous said...

I read your blog occasionally and now that you are waiting on your new baby, I find that I am checking back here a lot and praying for you even more!
Blessings to you,
Kim A.