Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend & the delights therein!

Hello Friends. Paisley girl is resting soundly across my knees on this cozy afternoon. It's been some time since I've checked in, life has taken on a new sort of busy....an adjustment time to be sure.
Last weekend, Memorial Day, had to be one of the best weekends I've had in a long while. Delightful would be the word. Saturday morning Jake took Tyler fishing for the first time while Luke, Paisley and I went to myriads of garage sales. I found some cute things, it's SO FUN looking at all the girly stuff now!! My options use to be so limited...."yes, we have some boys clothing", (proceed to the one tiny table in the corner where stained, ripped and faded clothing abound!!!) My favorite find was a yellow down comforter for Luke's toddler bed....so sweet.
Saturday afternoon we went to Tyler and Luke's friends birthday party. She turned 3 and had a princess party. It was fun being together as a family and watching the boys interact with their friends. And the homemade ice cream cake was amazing.
Saturday night after the party we took the boys to my old stompin' grounds, my high school. We had a picnic along the Millstream, (the stream that runs through the property). We walked all around the property, found the perfect sticks/rocks for throwing into the water, ran around the tennis courts/soccer field. I got teary eyed watching my boys run around the field as I sat in the bleacher cheering them on. Before too long I'll be attending their little sports events. Unfortunately I forgot my camera! :-( Sunday morning we gave Paisley a bath in the sink, got all dolled up and headed to church....our first time with Paisley! It went great, we were actually EARLY to church for once. With three little ones now, I think I am allowing even more time getting ready and out the door then I usually do. Sunday afternoon we all had our glorious naps. After we woke up we headed to walmart for a few things, I don't remember what we went for, but we came out with a whale pool that squirts water and a Thomas kite! We loaded everyone up and went for some creek fun. Such a darling little place, the boys loved it and so did I.
Paisley's perch: full belly, clean diaper & nuk.
Mama's perch: homemade lemonade, chips, US weekly!
When the children were tucked in, we took some time to watch an ENTIRE movie, "Flicka" from start to finish...it was w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l. The movie was great, but it was the uninterrupted time of movie indulgence that was the best!
Monday morning we were up bright and early for the annual Memorial Day parade. My sister and her husband and some of our good friends joined us with their children.
Needless to say, the candy throwing people were our favorite!! After the parade we all went to a local restaurant for an authentic "Amish" breakfast: corn mush, stewed crackers, pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and OJ! Delish!
Next we made our way to the Strasburg Railroad and watched the train go by. Jake flew the Thomas kite and it went quite high...I wish I would have taken some pictures....it looked so cool! The rest of the day we spent here at home, playing in the whale pool and relaxing in the gazebo. What a fabulous weekend it was! I'm enjoying this time with my husband because I know that very soon his "spare" time will be spent renovating the carriage house. We hope to start on that next month....exciting times.
I hope you're having a good weekend....they go by so fast and Monday morning rolls around far too quickly!!

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining,
the breeze is blowing,
the birds are singing,
and the lawn mower is broken."
~James Dent~

5 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

You always had a good looking family, but this little girl is the icing on the cake. You can tell she is loved to pieces. Jeane'could not get done talking about how adorable she is. I wish you all many joys as the family God has created you to be. Loved the pictures!!

Unknown said...

i so enjoyed reading this update! i know we will manage to connect soon. our lives are a beautiful kind of chaos. :)

love you!

Lindsay said...

wow the pictures are great. im just so happy that paisley is here now! i get to see you in 3 weeks!! flicka is a great movie. saw it in the theater with meg and dad.. and they both cried! i kinda made fun of them hehehe. can't wait for a good old amish breakfast in my belly and walks to grandmas house. and visits with you. i think it shall be a grand summer. keep the pictures coming i love your growing family.

Aimee said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! Avery has the same red, white, and blue dress that Paisley is wearing in the one picture - LOVE it! :)

And I agree - yard saling for girls stuff is just so much fun!!

Ryan and Bethany said...

Oh, Janelle, catching up on your blog does my spirit good! I came to ask you how you do your granola in the oven - got your recipe for crockpot version, tried it in the oven (we have no crockpot over here!) and almost burned it. Still was delicious! But then I had so much fun feeling like we visited together through your posts - your family's so beautiful, especially that tiny, sweet Paisley. : ) Let me know about the granola, please - I need to make more, and don't want to burn it this time!