Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Daddy's work

Jake's business, EWBN, (Eagle Wings Business Network) does the maintenance/landscaping at a local miniature golf place. It's only a few minutes from here, so one afternoon I loaded the kids and we joined him for lunch and a few puts around the green. The boys had a great time eating lunch with Daddy in the beautiful gazebo, feeding little fishy crackers to the ducks, learning how to play a little golf and eating ice cream. Tyler was quite good at the game,
Luke on the other hand just wanted to throw the golf ball around!! We were having a lovely time until Luke tripped and banged his head on a rock! And what a bruise that made...not so fun! Although I will say a little bit of ice cream helped tremendously! I love when Jake works nearby...it's fun for the kids to see him at work and see the things he is building and creating. We just found out that their business will be putting in a new park RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET this summer....how wonderful is that? It really is beautiful timing with the contractors being here to work on the carriage house. Jake will be able to come home most days to oversee the work and see that all is well. We're anticipating an amazing park, I saw the plans and they are a-m-a-z-i-n-g! For those that live locally, it will be behind the library. I believe they hope to have it completed by this Fall, if the funding comes through! GOOD TIMES!
"One night a father overheard his son pray:
Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is.
Later that night, the Father prayed,
Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be."
~Anonymous~

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Aw, how fun! How lucky for you that you are going to have a park so close by!