Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer weekends and crazy sales!

Hello Friends, what a FABULOUS weekend we had together.  Jake said "the kids did more in one weekend then I did in my entire childhood!"  Growing up Amish on a farm in the middle of Lebanon, PA, he's probably not too far from the truth!  

Sad to say I didn't take ONE PICTURE the entire weekend. It was secretly liberating to not "capture" every memory!  

On Friday night we went on a DATE!!  I love date nights. They make me feel like a woman, HIS woman! Remind me again to not go to "First Friday" in the city....IT WAS SO CROWDED and we waited one hour for our food. Normally that's not a big deal, but when your time away is limited, an hour feels like an eternity.  It was a great event, just not what we were looking for that night. 


On Saturday morning Jake built the kids a MASSIVE sandbox.  My little turd of a sandbox was "Jakeified" and it's awesome!  I slept until 11am.  Yes, you read that correctly E-LEV-EN AM! Can't remember the last time that happened, maybe 2001.  Saturday night we got all decked out in red, white and blue and headed to the BEST 4th of July party I've ever attended.  This woman knows how to host a party that's for SURE!! 

Sunday we went to church.  I say that so flippantly, but getting us all up and ready and out the door by 8:45am is no easy task. It's always worth it though!  Then to a friends house for lunch and long afternoon naps here at home.  Sunday night we got Ritas ice cream and watched fireworks at Willow Valley with some friends. Tyler got sick from rolling down the hill too much, but other then that the night was perfect!


Monday morning we packed up our new camper. We set it up for the Summer and Fall at a local campsite, (I'm going a little link crazy with this post)!  We spent the entire day there swimming and hiking and playing.

Today my sister came by and we made bread.  It's been awhile since we did that, it smells so good in my kitchen right now.  After dinner tonight I'll be packing some stuff for the kids and I.  We're taking a quick trip to the beach tomorrow and Thursday with a friend of mine.  She works for a wealthy family near by and they own a beach front mansion so, no lie, I'm excited! 

And last, but certainly not least...HAD to let you know about all the AMAZING DEALS over at Willow House, (my new business venture). Apparently they are selling all the stuff in the Spring catalog, to make room for all the new Fall inventory.  I could not believe all the CUTE STUFF FOR UNDER $15.  Take a look if you have a few minutes.  Five pages of delicious deals!!!!! If you'd like, feel free to visit my website to order. Their loss, our gain!    Enjoy, it's going fast!!!

Thanks for sticking with me if you're still reading. Normally I don't give you our life play-by-play!  Hope you have a great rest of your week.  And I sure hope it includes some Summer Memory Making! 

I'll leave you with a status update from one of my friends on facebook.  Cracked me the heck up: 

"My curfew was lightning bugs; my mom didn't call my cell, she yelled my name; I played outside with friends, not online; If I didn't eat what my mom cooked, then I didn't eat; sanitizer didn't exist, but you COULD get your mouth washed out with soap; I rode a bike without a helmet; getting dirty was ok; and neighbors cared as much as your parents did. Re-post if you drank water from a garden hose and survived."

1 comment:

Jeane` said...

Thank YOU for lending the effervescent presence of you and your beautiful family on Saturday night!!! (& I appreciate the compliment, especially coming from you, the Queen of Par-Tays!).

The last quote/status update is oh-so-true...makes me long for the good old days!

Love,
Jeane`