Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The best things in life are always hand-picked...




...like friends!


My friend Lynda with Luke.
"The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation that you ever had."
~Anonymous~
(definitely not the case with Lynda and Vickie, we basically talk until our mouths are dry, but let's pretend we couldn't talk, then this quote would be the most fitting!!)

My friend Vickie with her daughter Ashley and my little Luke.

Last week I went to North Carolina to visit two very dear friends of mine. My littlest Love came along and was an absolute charm. I must say, there sure is some special treatment out there when you're traveling with a baby, thank you world for being kind to Mothers and their babies! I spent a few days in Raleigh with our friends Carter and Lynda. We went to a women's conference called, "Fragrant Oil." The worship was led by Rita Springer. She is releasing a new CD later this month called "Beautiful You", I'd encourage you to check it. Needless to say, it was beautiful, anointed, timely and refreshing! Thank you God for meeting me right where I am. He's good at that! "The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to STRENGTHEN THOSE whose hearts are fully committed to Him." II Chronicles 16:9 I got to spend some great quality time with my BFF Lynda! I told her she has to move back to PA, but then she made a good point and said, "then you would never come stay overnight at my house." True! Lynda is the hostess with the mostest!! I was served left and right! It was fabulous I must say! I was totally spoiled by having hot coffee when I woke up and I actually got to drink it while it was HOT, no heating it up for the 2nd or 3rd times, (as is usually the case here at home!!). (I'm sure my fellow busy Mommy and coffee Lover Jeane would know exactly what I mean!!!) Carter made waffles one morning and I just had to set up a little photo shoot to honor them, (the waffles and Carter). I had mentioned to Lynda about this new chocolate lava cake I had seen, so as you would guess, she made one for me!!! My very own chocolate lava cake! OH MY WORD!! Here I am anticipating the first amazing bite! Everything within me cried out, "YES!!" After my stay at Carter and Lynda's house I continued my journey further south to Monroe, NC. This is where I did my DTS in 2000, (Discipleship Training School) with YWAM, (Youth With A Mission). I stayed with my dear friend, (also the director of the base, along with her husband Todd). It was so wonderful to be with Vickie again and to enjoy her sweet company. She is one of my rare friends with whom I connect with on a very deep level. I mean, we haven't seen each other in years, but we weren't in the van more then 15 minutes and we're sharing things with one another as if we were sisters. Two words~~~kindred spirit. My time in Monroe was entirely too short. Jake and I anticipate driving down sometime in the next 6 months to visit them again and to serve at the base in any way. Ashley, (Vickie's daughter) really took to Luke and they had some fun times together. Now, come on, can these kids get ANY cuter??

Ashley has these four amazing murals painted on her wall, I thought I'd share them with you, my favorite is the airplane one.

Vickie made me feel right at home. We had such great talks and she listens with her whole heart. Again, I was waited on constantly. The one night Vickie prepared a beautiful tray with Amish Swiss cheese, (never knew there was such a thing: very, very tasty), grapes, cashews and sparkling pear juice. I should have taken a picture because it looked like it was right out of a magazine. I was probably just too lazy to get up!! Regarding both these ladies, absence truly does make the heart grow fonder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a fabulous time and appears as if you were treated like a queen! (the queen that you are!) : )
chocolate lava cake..hello! tasty treats!

Jeane` said...

Janelle...
I enjoyed the pictures & descriptions. A few comments:
-Your hair is looking quite stylish even through it's 'growing out' stage.
-I loved the magazine type picture of the beautiful breakfast you were served. You mentioned you had "arranged" the picture and I couldn't help but wonder if you had handwritten the welcome sign as well??? :) I know we aren't beneath such a "touch" to personalize a picture. HA!
-We are greatly anticipating fellowshipping among the brethren, your brethren specifically, on Sunday.
Warmly,
The lady down the lane at the Coffee Cottage