Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day Friends!

Oh, I just enjoy Valentine's Day so much....not just for the love that is expressed here in our home, but for the general feeling of "sharing the love" that surrounds me. What a great idea to have a day set aside to SHOW the ones around us how much we love them. Sometimes it's so easy to take the ones we love the most for granted. Although we may not be rolling in the dough, (as they say) it's the thought that counts, truly, it is. A homemade card, baking their favorite cookies, store bought cupcakes w/ heart shaped lollipops stuck in the middle! Whatever it may be, show the one you love the most that today you have THOUGHT about them and how much them mean to you!


I hope you find yourself being loved today! Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends out there!


XOXO


X's symbolize kisses because in ancient days, when few people knew how to write, they would simply sign an X to show their agreement, then kiss the mark to emphasize their sincerity. Who knew??


I'm to "be ready to leave at 5:30!" Oh, what fun! I can honestly tell you that I would be fine just going to McDonald's with this man! Just some one-on-one time together, alone does wonders! It's been one of those weeks, between all four of us those little sick bugs had quite the feast! We're all feeling better and so grateful for that. I'm ready to catch up on my sleep again. An entire week with nights full of interrupted sleep wears me out. I think it's different when there's a newborn involved because you're somewhat prepared for/expect it and there's grace and strength for that season. I experienced lots of grace this week too, despite my weary self, I enjoyed just staying inside with my boys and helping them feel better. A few days of lounging around in pj's will do the trick!

I LOVE MY MAN!!

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you for all the love that you show to others...especially me and my fam! We love you and ask the Lord to bless you, and your home, with an abundance of true love!

xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

love you, sister! Happy Valentines. i am typing one handed. little guy still isn't feeling good so he's sleeping in my arms. true love:)
Von

Anonymous said...

hope your evening was fun!
we just got back from "fireside"...
a lovely time indeed.
thanks for the valentines treat
for chase this morning...
you and tyler are so thoughtful!
i love you, shrish

Lindsay said...

happy valentines day auntie!! and my other aunties too :)

i love you guys a lot.

Aimee said...

Hope you had a fun Valentines! We spent the evening organizing our kitchen pantry!! HA! But don't worry, we are going out next Saturday night. :)

You look so beautiful in the picture - makes me anxious for summertime! :)