Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mother's Day, (a few weeks late!!)

Jake is so sweet to celebrate Mother's Day w/ several yearly traditions. He always buys me a huge, beautiful flower arrangement "from us boys" and this year was no exception....it filled our living room with a beautiful fragrance.

Then on Sunday Morning he made me an amazing breakfast in bed as pictured below: After I snapped this picture I had the boys climb up in bed with me to take a picture, (also a yearly tradition... Mommy and her children with her breakfast in bed). Well, before the picture could be captured a certain little someone, (Luke) threw up EVERYWHERE!! I'm thinking "NO WAY!! You have GOT to be kidding me"....so, Jake salvaged what he could and put it down on the couch for me to enjoy. But, as any Mother reading this can attest to, I wasn't about to enjoy this breakfast knowing the mess that was in my bed! So, three loads later, the bed was ready to put back together. Jake stayed home from church w/ Luke so Tyler and I went alone. It ended up being a really special time for just the two of us. We had lunch at my sisters home w/ my parents and then Tyler and I "hit the town" together. I took him to the Choo-Choo barn, (Lancaster County in miniature with lots of trains going around....so fascinating).
Then off to the Thomas store, (a dream come true for any Thomas lover). Then we went out for ice cream at my favorite joint in town....they had balloons any Mother could pop and get a discount, I popped mine and it was for a FREE ice cream cone (whoo-hoo)!

So, even though "My day" didn't turn out how I thought it would, I didn't really mind. It was so great to have one on one time with my sweet Tyler. And I don't mind when my children are sick because I know how wonderful it is to have a Mother's love when you don't feel well. To this day, when I am sick I still just want my Mom! I am so grateful to be called Mommy, it is a privilege and an honor to raise these two sons I have been given. Thank you Jake for making me feel so valued, not just on Mother's Day either....every day. You bless me and I love you.

"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes
by dozens and hundreds.
Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows,
brothers, and sisters, aunts and cousins,
but only one mother in the whole world."
~Kate Douglas Wiggin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must be losing my mind, because I was almost positive you posted about your mothers day and the throwing up incident, but perhaps I just remember you telling me the story (or i could just as easily be losing my mind, it wouldn't be that far fetched!)

happy mothers day friend. (belated)