Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1st, 2010

I love the way that looks....
January 1, 2010.
Doesn't it look so nice, so fresh and clean and new?

Do you want to know one of the first things I thought about in the new year?
Sure you do. "I'm going to turn 40 in this decade!" That's what I thought. Weird, I know.

And then I said to my honey, "did Paisley have a good poop this morning?"

Yes, that's the season we're in right now. And that conversation is actually somewhat captivating and important to us. Who would have thought?
Paisley's tree
I am so deeply grateful to have experienced another year of LIFE on this earth.

2009 was beautiful.

I am looking forward to 2010 and all that it may hold. I like the way that sounds, twenty-ten.

Better go now, time to clean up the tornado of toys that was our day, get the kids ready for our nightly hot tub dip and then enjoy the close of this, the 1st day of a new year.

CONTENTED NEW YEAR FRIENDS!

P.s. here's a little Christmas house tour! Enjoy!


what the boys watch as they fall asleep, (or get yelled at from downstairs; "GO.TO.SLEEP!!")

our hallway shelf


"He Shall Hear My Voice"
Our living room
our mantle
xoxo





"We will open the book. Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful tour!!! Happy New Year to you and your family!!!
~Much love...

Vickie said...

Happy New Year Dear Friend! I look forward, with anticipation, at what the Lord has in store for the two of us! Hopefully, more face to face conversations and shopping opportunities.

From my heart to yours...

xoxoxoxo

clarita yoder said...

What a beautiful, warm, welcoming home! How I wish it would have worked for me to come over to your house! As lovely as it was in pictures, I know in person everything it that much MORE darling! What a shame to take all that beautiful decor down! And oh, the snow pictures from a few posts down (I have some online catching up to do! Still days on behind!) are so so beautiful! That is one thing I miss so sooo much about the north - those snowed-in days of winter! But I was able to be in on it for a few days, and privileged I felt!! :)

A lovely New Year's to you, beautiful Janelle!