Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

a little bit of rain

it's been raining here.
alot. 
thankfully we got our garden planted during a dry spell.
it's already starting to grow so much!  had some lettuce from there tonight and picked a few ripe strawberries.
amazing what a little rain and sun can do to a hungry seed.
meanwhile, a few weeks back my husband got an idea....
 and it went a little something like this: 


I've got so many renovation pictures to catch you up on, it's not even funny.
He finishes faster then I can blog them....I'm serious!!  I haven't forgotten that many of you haven't seen the finished carriage house.  Annie has been here with us for several months and WE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!  We are enjoying the company of one another and yet really keeping our space and distance.  It's been a lovely transition.  Better then I anticipated.  (And we've been getting totally spoiled by her amazing cooking/baking)! 

Stay tuned.  If you've read this blog for any length of time, you will know that random posts come at random times.  For instance, you may or may not be seeing Tyler's 5th birthday party pictures in the next week or so....with his "snowy mountain Thomas cake" (he turns 6 next month)!  And I've got some fabulous shots from our massive yard sale 2 weeks back.  There's spring decor and living room makeovers, cutie daughters and new tricycles, bedroom decor changes, thoughts on our homeschooling year, garden planting and beach with my girlfriends, there's prayers and ponderings and darling Easter pics.  Oh my, there's just so much, but alas, there's so little time, (or so it seems) to do all I want to do....to post all I'd like to post.  My first thoughts are TO LIVE MY LIFE and BE GRATEFUL FOR MY LIFE...and blog about it when I get the time!!

Sometimes I'm just moving at the speed of life.
And I'm okay with that.  

Here's to hoping you are each feeling good....
from the inside~~out.
I've been exceptionally grateful for our HEALTH lately.  It is a GIFT!! 

And our food!  Oh my goodness, we have so much to eat.  All of us!! Very few of you reading having nothing to eat.  We have a fridge and freezer full of food.  No true worry about where your next meal will come from, (perhaps more like, "what the heck to make for dinner?"). :) What a perspective shift to count my blessings and name them one by one.....try it sometime.  THERE IS SUCH POWER IN GRATITUDE! 

"It is only possible to live happily-ever-after
on a day-to-day basis."
~Margaret Bonnano~

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi friend! I can't wait to read all your stories and your take on everything! :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! You have such a gift in writing and each post has so much inspiration, creativity and positive energy :)