Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, May 27, 2011

Memorial Day memories.

Hello Friends, I was just remembering some memorial days of the past. Like this one when Paisley was such a tiny baby! xoxo. Oh, my precious baby girl, she's growing up so fast.  Everything is going so fast it seems.  Is it just me or do the days seem to be FLYING BY??  Maybe I'm getting old and noticing it more.  When I was little each day seemed sooooo long, now somehow the sun rises and sets and unless I TAKE AND MAKE TIME TO NOTICE, it's tomorrow already.   

So, that's what I look forward to doing this weekend.
stopping and noticing life around me.

When everyone wakes up from naps, I'm taking them all with me to the new Home Goods store, (it's
g-l-o-r-i-o-u-s.....I was there last week and saw the sweetest, robin's egg blue bird bath. I didn't buy it and I've thought about it every day since....that's my sign that I should buy it right?! hahaha!  Here's to hoping it's still there! 

Grammie is making dinner for us tonight, (WHAT A TREAT)!!  Tomorrow morning I'm posting a guest post by Shawn Smucker. Come back if you think about it, it's a wonderful post!

Tomorrow night is Dinner Club, (with children this time around) at my cousin Dave and Orpha's home.  Sunday afternoon we're going to my sisters home with Curt and Jeane' and their crew to go fishing and sit on the front porch.  I can hardly wait for those conversations, (between keeping watch over our combined 13 children)!

Monday morning is the annual Strasburg Memorial Day Parade.
The kids are excited for the candy throwing that's for sure, (and I am too if they have starbursts)!  And then we hope to go swimming the rest of the day at my brother Chet and Sharon's home....it is going to be in the 90's in case you didn't know! 

Whatever your weekend holds I hope you can create some down time with your family, with those you love & love you!! 

"And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."
~Lee Greenwood

No comments: