Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, November 21, 2008

My friend Kara

My dear friend Kara had a stroke a few days ago. She, her husband, and Ben & Shar were on vacation in Florida. Clark updated their blog tonight, so you can visit that site for more information of the events leading up to her stoke. I wish I were there with her right now. She called this evening and we talked for a bit. She sounds in good spirits and for that I am grateful. They've been through a lot in the last few years and this again, she is taking in such graceful stride. Please pray specifically that she will be able to come home for rehab, (regaining her balance, full use of her right arm and speech). It will be most difficult for her to be away from Maddie that long, something I pray doesn't have to happen. Please also pray for Clark as he is taking care of her in this time and being all that he promised he would be at the alter on their wedding day.
"There is no distance too far between friends,
for friendship gives wings to the heart."
~
Unknown~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to her... I will keep her in my prayers and also bring her into prayer and my prayer group.

Vickie said...

I'm praying! I have a dear friend who had a stroke a few years ago, at such an early age. She is totally/fully recovered and doing great. Please keep us poted. I stop by their blog from time to time as well.

I'm praying for your group there as well, that you all would know how to minister to them. What a great community they are in...very blessed.

xoxoxox