Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, September 3, 2009

L’amour de ma Vie (part 2)

you can read the first part here....


August, 1999
Jake surprised me and MOVED to Lancaster County!!
I couldn’t believe it when I saw him drive in the lane. All he owned brimming over his pick-up truck! I totally freaked out. I don’t know if I’m ready for this.
We have so many unanswered questions about the future.
We just don’t know what to do next.

“The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever….forsake not the works of Your own hands.”Psalm 138:8


December, 1999
We don’t see each other very often and only talk a few times each month, if that. All our past conversations have always been about “us” and “Jesus” and now one of those subjects in non-existent….us!! Things are so different now that we are near each other. It’s so weird how this all happened, all changed….so fast. Mom wrote me a note last night, it says:
“hang in there, the crooked path will become straight in God’s time
and it will be the very best.”

“And now, Lord, what do I wait for and expect?
My hope and expectation are in You.”
Psalm 39:7


March, 2000
I still feel like Jake is the one I will marry! We have begun spending some time together with some other friends around as well. We really do have a lot of fun together, but what is beyond that? Today I looked into he eyes again, I really shouldn’t do that
because then I don’t want to look away ~ what should a woman do?

“This sense of being led by an unseen hand,
which takes mine
while another hand reaches ahead and prepares the way,
grows upon me daily.”
~Frank Laubach~


June, 2000
We’re still spending a lot of time together, yet not really “together.” We have such a close knit friendship. Friends are treasures to my heart. Jake continues to extend such kindness toward me. He’s exactly what I need and I know it. Lately, more than ever, I am feeling and knowing that he is the man I’ll grown old gracefully with, the man I’ll call “husband.”
Lord, please keep our hearts safe until it’s time.
Not too early.
Not too late.
You’re always right on time!

“Cherish yesterday.
Dream of tomorrow.Live today.”
~unknown author~

September, 2000-March, 2001
I went on a six month missions trip with YWAM, (Youth With A Mission) to North Carolina and India. During this time we had little to no contact….
although he certainly wasn’t far from my mind.

“Except the Lord builds the house,
they labor in vain who build it.”
Psalm 127:1


April, 2001
Jake and I are both dating other people! What will EVER become of all this?
I thought I was ready to start dating him again, but now he’s with someone else, and so am I for that matter.

“Being content is not pretending that everything is the way you wish it would be;
It is not acting as though you have no wishes.
Rather, it is no longer being ruled by your desires.”
~John Eldredge~

“For God alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my Rock and my Salvation, My Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be greatly moved.
Trust in the Lord and have confidence in Him at all times,
pour out your hearts before Him, God is a refuge for us, a fortress, a high tower.”
Psalm 62: 1-2, 8


July, 2001
Why can’t I just escape Jake and the possibility of a future with him? We try to date other people, but cannot escape one another! This is crazy! Lord, bring us together very soon or let this be over forever!
“And the effect of righteousness will be peace, (internal and external),
and the result of righteousness will be quietness and confident trust forever.
My people shall dwell in a peaceful habitation,
in safe dwellings and in quiet resting places.”
Isaiah 32:17-18

August, 2001
“Rest, peacefully rest on thy Savior’s breast,
breathe in His ear thy sacred high ambition,
and He will bring it forth in blest fruition.
The rest, rest, peacefully rest.”
~Mercy A. Gladwin~

“Blessed, happy, and spiritually prosperous is he who waits expectantly and earnestly…..”
Daniel 12:12

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Janelle, this is like a romance novel and even though we know the ending, we need to read it. Don't leave us hanging like this!

Me & my boys said...

this is interesting janelle! i didn't know all this stuff. now you sucked me in!

Sarah said...

God is so Awesome how He orchestrates every detail of our lives... Thank you for sharing some precious and intimate times in your life...and the beauty of God's hand in bringing you and Jake together...

We definitely are over due again with getting together... Let's get something on the calender...
~Much love...