Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 10, 2008

special delivery

oooooh, I just LOVE getting mail, especially from a certain dear Friend of mine in Monroe, North Carolina!! When I saw this box at my front door I decided to take you all on a little picture journey with me. Tyler was taking a nap so it was just Luke and I and our special delivery...
"Hey Mom, it's from Vickie! I just love her, she's so sweet....just like you."
(That's what he said and I just KNOW it!!!!!)

The most precious vintage dishes that match my kitchen to the tee, a deliciously long handwritten letter, an adorable notepad and sweet smelling lotion. What a day!!
It was a "warm" day for January so I closed the gate to the driveway
and let Luke go exploring for a bit.
I sat in the sunshine and devoured the beautifully written letter.
And then I lovingly found those plates a new home in my kitchen.

Thank you Vickie, you made my DAY....my WEEK!
You are so thoughtful and I love you more then ever!
Not because of your good gifts, but for who you are to me.

"Winter, spring, summer or fall,
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there,
You've got a friend."
~Carol King

2 comments:

Vickie said...

My dear friend. I am so excited that you received your package!!! When I "stopped by" your place this morning, I was so delighted! I do LOVE the plates in your kitchen. You are loved and in my thoughts and prayers!

Live from Orlando this week...
xoxox...vickie

Bess said...

Oh! What a warmth that must have brought to your heart!

Yes, getting together would be great! Mornings are terrific for me, since my 2-year-old naps around 12:30 or so. I'm vrey flexible with dates in February...nothing scheduled as of now! :)