Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day

Although I often question our TRUE independence as a nation, I am nevertheless FULL of gratitude to be an American citizen. Today I simply have Mr. Johnny Cash reading the beloved "Gettysburg Address"....a few lines that really struck me today:

"It is for us the living, rather,
to be dedicated here to the unfinished work
which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced....
these dead shall not have died in vain --
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom --
and that government of the people,
by the people,
for the people,
shall not perish from the earth. "
~Abraham Lincoln~
We're off to the cabin for the weekend with our friends Wendell and MaryJo! It will be a lovely time I am sure....see you Monday. Be safe.