Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Taj Mahal

All day Wednesday I was craving Indian food...I kept thinking about it until around 3:30 I just had to call Jake to inform him that we were going out to eat, (or option 2; you keep the boys and I will go out to eat)!! Our favorite food as a couple is Indian food so were on our way to the Taj Mahal. Just typing those words brings back several memories that will not soon disappear. In 2000 I spent 2 months living in central India doing some missions work with YWAM. One day we as a team decided to take the 5 hour crammed, bumpy, adventurous car ride to the Taj Mahal. Upon arriving we were informed that is was closed for the first time in 400 years for renovations!!!!! YOU'VE. GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING. ME!! We stared through the iron fence with longing and then made our way back home! Someday I would love to return....making sure of course that it's OPEN for tourists! Supposedly they are closed on Fridays now, in case you're wondering. So, onto the Taj Mahal in Millersville, PA! The second we stepped in the door my mouth was watering. This was the first time the boys have been out for Indian food since they've been born, (they practically lived on it while I was pregnant with them)! They enjoyed it for the most part, especially the huge "balloon bread" as Tyler called it! It was a great time had by all and bless those dear servers
for cleaning up the rice mess we left behind.

Here's to India!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh, I wish I was there to eat with you all! I just love Indian!!!!! My favorite actually. Chris has helped me to make a few dishes. I just love when he does it, then I can enjoy it. Mmmmmm.

xoxoxo

p.s. you look AMAZING!!!

CountryMidwife said...

Mmmmmmmm! Hot nan! Chicken Tikka Marsala! Baigan Bharta! What are your faves Janelle?