Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Lindy!!

Today is my dear friend Lindy's birthday! I wish so badly I could be with her in her darling mountaintop home in India, sipping chai tea and chatting the day away, but alas we are thousands of miles apart. And yet, I just got off the phone with her and feel like we are right down the road from one another. We share such a sweet friendship, full of memories, laughter and tears. She and I shared our first apartment together in Ronks. A little place on the 2nd floor, so quaint and cozy it was. Sometimes I miss that little place! I think the best memories are made in tiny places! Lindy sold all her things and moved to India several years ago, I think it was in 2006. She had done some missions work through YWAM in India and was changed for life. She now runs a home called Freedom House India, a place "to bring life and to encourage the oppressed, to defend the cause of the fatherless and plead the case of the widow." Isaiah 1:17
Here is Tyler with one of her girls, Manju, when they visited America last year.



This is Jeewan Loy, he and Luke are almost the same age. He too is in the process of being adopted by Lindy.

Lin, I love you and cherish you more then you know!
You are my forever friend and today I thank God that YOU were born!
You bring such love, light and peace to those you touch!

"We need old friends to help us grow old
and new friends to help us stay young."
~Lettie Cottin Pogrebin~

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, my friend Becky is living in India right now... She moved there to be apart of helping at the Freedom House with Lindy. About a month into her move, a village woman wasn't going to be able to keep her baby boy, that she'd just given birth to and asked if Becky would take him. She is now trying to get the adoption finalized after 1yr.

What a small world!!!
Hope your doing well...