- Paisley is finally back to "normal" after fighting thru a nasty stomach bug this week. I had a fleeting thought on Monday morning that I should wash our entire bed, the down comforter, mattress pad and all. But I thought it probably wouldn't happen with all my other "monday" chores....but, my dear daughter made it possible by throwing up everywhere during her morning nursing at 6:30. Thank you Baby Girl.
- Luke got sick all over me yesterday. I almost joined him, it was that disgusting. Thankfully my man was here to help with the cleanup. Bless him.
- The sun is shining.
- Luke threw up every hour last night and didn't cry once. Just had his little white bucket beside him and did his thing. He's no nonsense about everything in life, even sickness.
- Luke has watched enough Dora to be able to hold a conversation with Penelope Cruz.
- Tyler has been running a 103* fever for the past 12 hours. Just sleeping his dear life away. He totally peed on me last night while I was holding him. I felt so bad for him. And had to laugh because only a Mother would feel bad for her baby when SHE'S the one getting peed on.
- I am wearing red flip flops.
- I made Tyler breakfast on a tray this morning. Eggs, pineapple, mango, oranges, blueberries and cinnamon toast, cut into four pieces like my Mom use to do for me ONLY when I was sick. He ate one blueberry.
- Tomorrow is Friday.
- It's times like these that I am so grateful for our healthy children. I can take for granted their health and vibrancy, strong appetites & playful nature and then you have a day like yesterday/today and the gratitude door of your heart is opened again.
- Sometimes, out of nowhere, I pretend to be "Swiper the fox" and make a noise: "chh, chh" and put my fingers up like a claw, squint my eyes, hide behind the nearest object and then tip-toe toward my boys....then they yell, "swiper no swiping, swiper no swiping, swiper NO swiping" and then I say, "oh maaaan." and go back to whatever I was doing. You should try it sometime, it's hilarious.
- I also like to yell out the WRONG answer when they watch Dora. Cracks me up.
- The coffee is on. (*Organic Blend roasted by Starbucks Coffee Co. and sold at Costco).
- These past few days have reminded me of last March at this time. I am taking care of myself so this bug skips over me....Dear Lord, please! Body Balance, Airborne, fruit shakes and proper sleep are on the menu for me today.
"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are…
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect Tomorrow.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in my pillow,
or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want,
more than all the world, your return."
~Mary Jean Iron~