Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 1, 2010

WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!
SOOOOOO EXCITED!
THANK YOU
TO ALL MY FAMILY & FRIENDS
FOR ALLOWING ME TO BEG YOU,
(rather shamelessly at times),
FOR VOTES
final score:
375 vs. 428
It was quite the weekend entertainment.
I lost count how many hours I spent online
rallying the forces! It was actually really fun.
It was neck and neck many times, and I would
constantly be checking the score and writing it down,
watching our story be ahead by 3, then the next hour,
down by 10!! It was close all the way until the end
and then somehow I sprinted to the finish.
Perhaps after I sent an email to Gerry Stoltzfoos, (my brother Mel's best friend)
who pastors a rather large church in Gettysburg:
he put this on his facebook page, (he has over 1,000 "friends"):
"Check this out people and vote for my best friend's sister and
her funny story about her son Tyler. My vote put her over the top~
your vote could cause her to win huge!"
Pretty much after that this thing took on a life of it's own!!
My friend April Herr also had lots of shout-outs for me! xoxo
And Bryan, Gentry and Jena tweeted for me
and many others I don't know about!!
I'll show you my new beauty when it arrives!!
AND MANY THANKS TO SARA LAZIO FOR STARTING THIS
WHOLE SHENANIGAN IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!
and so, Ladies and very few Gentlemen,
I will celebrate this win with my VERY OWN GIVEAWAY,
my first ever, to commemorate my 400th post,
this post being my 399th!!!
Tune in tomorrow......
and thanks again for helping me win!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kylie's been tracking you all weekend. just found out, YOU WON! makes the trauma worth it:)! i can still picture it all, screams from behind the sofa...

Erin said...

Yay!! Congrats Janelle!!
( I have to admit, I kept checking the score too... and I wasn't even in the contest!!!)

Michelle said...

Yeah!!